Why Should You Join ISA?
✓ Increase your technical knowledge in the field of automation and control
✓ Develop your skills and hone your expertise
✓ Share experiences, successes, and lessons learned
✓ Build lasting friendships and professional connections
By becoming an ISA member, you’ll benefit-in technical knowledge, career and skills development, shared experiences and successes, and lasting friendship and belonging-from an association that has represented the needs and interests of automation and control professionals since its inception in 1945.
The Latest Technical Information
- Automation Standards – ISA has published more than 150 standards, recommended practices, and technical reports through the dedicated efforts of a network of industry experts. As an ISA member, you can view ISA standards online, free of charge, for your personal use. Listed IEC documents are not available for free viewing and cannot be purchased with your Standards Redemption Coupon.
- Get the cost of your membership back when you are a full-dues-paying member and would like to download or buy a printed standard. You may use your Standards Redemption Coupon toward its purchase. This coupon is equal to the dollar amount you paid for your membership term and is available at purchase check-out in your shopping cart. The coupon value expires at the time the membership year expires.
- Free Web Seminars – Enjoy unlimited, free access to a library of more than 40 online pre-recorded web seminars covering today’s hottest topics
- Technical Library – You’ll have access to unlimited downloads of ISA’s library of more than 5,500 technical papers published at ISA conferences and symposia
- InTech Magazine – Receive a free, qualified subscription to the digital version of InTech, the premier magazine for automation professionals, and a free subscription to Automation Weekly e-newsletter
- Technical Division Membership – Join a network of automation professionals who share your technical interests. Members get two free memberships, one from the Automation and Technology Department and one from the Industries and Sciences Department. Additional memberships cost $10 US each.
- ISA Transactions – Enjoy free online access to current and past articles covering the latest advances in the science and engineering of measurement and automation
Professional Development Resources
- Leadership Opportunities – Develop your leadership skills by participating in ISA’s free online Leadership Development Certificate Program and by volunteering at section and division events
- Training Discounts – Take advantage of 20% member discounts on ISA training
- Product Discounts – Enjoy discounts on ISA books (20%), logo items, and more
- Event Registration Discounts – Be sure to claim your member discount when you register for ISA symposia and conferences
- CAP® and CCST® Associate Recognition Programs for Students – Take pride in being a part of the Society that recognizes your profession through professional certification programs. ISA offers the Certified Automation Professional® (CAP®) and Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST) programs. As a student, you can take the CAP and CCST Associate Recognition Program and receive a discount on your application fee
- Mentoring Program – Connect online with, and learn from, experienced professionals and practitioners
- ISA Member Directory – Find other ISA professionals by accessing our Member Directory. Available exclusively to members logged into the isa.org web site or through the ISA Connect mobile app. (IOS version is available at iTunes. Android version will be available soon.)
- Local Section Membership – Network with automation students and professionals in your local sections for meetings, training events, and more. Virtual Student Members are not assigned to a local section
- ISA Jobs – List your resume online for free when you’re looking for your next career move
- Email Lists – Join open forums for discussions on topics that matter to you, via the ISA LISTSERV
- Conferences, Exhibitions, and Symposia – Come face-to-face with fellow ISA practitioners as you learn, share, and network
Special Bonus for Student Members
- Student members may upgrade to regular member at the low student rate for the year following the completion of their training or graduation. See student membership rates.
Insurance Program for Independent Contractors and Business Owners
- Below-market rate professional/errors and omissions and general liability insurance – ISA members in the US who serve as independent contractors and business owners now have a clear choice to protect their assets.
Other Personal Privileges
- ISA Member Logo – Proudly display your affiliation with ISA by using the ISA member logo on your business card
- Programs and discounts
- Wyndham Hotel Discounts
- Budget- Offers car rental savings
- Office Depot and OfficeMax Discount Program
- GEICO – Get discounted automobile insurance, in US only
- Group Insurance Programs – Take advantage of competitive rates on several US-only insurance plans. Must be 18 years old or older.
- International Travel Insurance
- Avis Worldwide – Offers car rental Savings
- CogniCall Global Calling Card – Use calling card services from more than 50 countries