Advocacy – It’s What We Do!
Advocacy is one of five strategic goals of the Society. By sharing your passion for a career in automation—whether it’s speaking at a local school or mentoring a robotics team—you’ll support and encourage their STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning and help them move forward with confidence.
Ways to Get Involved
Some of the ways that ISA members can contribute to STEM initiatives include:
- Hosting a workplace tour for students
- Organizing an automation career fair or related event
- Sponsoring, participating in or contributing to a robotics or STEM-related activity
- Serving as a mentor—speaking at a school or to others about automation-related careers
National Organizations and Initiatives that ISA is involved with:
- FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- DiscoverE (formerly The Engineers Week Foundation)
- Project Lead The Way
Spotlight on Local Organizations:
- FIRST LA/MS – FIRST Lego League (FLL) – 4th – 8th Grade Students
- FIRST LA/MS – FIRST Tech Challenge (FTC) – 7th – 12th Grade Students
- FIRST LA/MS – FIRST Robotics Challenge (FRC) – High School-aged Students